Latest Posts

Workshop: Passport to Pretty with Clinique

By 21:32 , ,

Organised by Cosmopolitan, the Passport to Pretty with Clinique workshop last Saturday taught Clinique and Cosmo fans how to get the jet setting fashionista look - New York, Paris & Tokyo were all in the same room!


The workshop started off with a lively welcome and introduction from Jin of Clinique. As Clinique always emphasises 'Great Skin' participants were guided through the 3-step skincare according to skin types.


Step 1: Cleanse
Step 2: Exfoliate
Step 3: Moisturise

Next step was to apply the Super City Block Oil Free Daily Face Protector SPF 40 which also acts as a base before prettifying yourself with makeup.

Pain au chocolate, sandwiches, roti jala & chicken curry for tea break.. :)

David Ooi conducted the make up session after tea break. He's is ever so funny! He recreated the ooh la la sexy Paris look on a volunteer by popular request.

THE train case full of goodies!

He then left all 50 participants to create their own version of the New York/Paris/ Tokyo look. David's train case was ransacked for products & colours. There wasn't much left in it by the time the workshop ended.

I attempted the New York look. I'm always so terrible at doing eye make up! After foundation & loose powder, I started with Colour Surge Eye Shadow Trio in Ebb and Flow because it matched the colour of the top I was wearing. It is a palest blue green partnered with a midtone seafoam and a blackened teal. I lined my eyes with Kohl Shaper for Eyes in Blackened Pewter and topped of with Lash Power Volumizing Mascara in Black Onyx (lurv this mascara!).

For my eyes

I sweeped Fresh Bloom Allover Colour in Plum Poppy on the apples of my cheek. I then lined & filled in my lips with Quickline for Lips in Soft Rose and applied a light layer of Vitamin C Lip Smoothie Anti-Oxidant Lip Colour in Goodness Grapecious. Viola! My subtle version of the NY look.

My cheeks & lips

What I noticed about this workshop was the wider range of age group which was a pleasant surprise. Usually you'd find the 20-35. This time there were women in their 40's participating. It was a good mix.

With David Ooi, Ms. Izza (Editor for Cosmo) & Jin

A fun workshop!

*Photo source: Clinique Website for products.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<