Latest Posts

The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Loose Powder Foundation Review

By 00:50 ,

The final one to be reviewed from The Body Shop's New Extra Virgin Minerals range - the Loose Powder Foundation with SPF 25  which gives a radiant and natural-looking finish. It consists of ultra-fine, pure mineral powder which is good for your skin and does not clog your pore which is always a plus point. I usually associate powder foundations with clear flawless skin. Not that I'll achieve clear flawless skin with it but more like I must have clear flawless skin to use it. I've tried a few powder foundations before and they seem to be lacking in coverage which is essential for uneven skin tone like mine. So I was quite excited to give this a go when the description said it gives buildable coverage.


Compared to the cream compact and liquid foundations I reviewed last week, I noticed that this comes in a smaller container with a content of 5grams (0.17 oz). Possibly because with mineral loose powder foundations, you only need to use a small amount. It's also recommended to be used with a specific foundation brush with dense bristles to ensure the right amount of foundation is used. Since I don't have said brush I decided to experiment with kabuki brush to see if it'll work. *grins* This foundation comes with instructions just in case it's your first time using a powder foundation.





I like the silky smooth texture that feels light on my skin. Upon applying the first layer, coverage was bare. So I tried on 2 more layers, I noticed that my complexion had a healthy radiance. However coverage is minimal at best. It does not cover up or even out my skin tone and does very little for my dark acne scars, concealer still required *sigh*. Plus it doesn't stay on all that well on oily skin as there was foundation residue on the blotting paper as I blot off excess oils. So I decided to try it on top of the EVM Cream Compact Foundation, and it worked well to set it still making me look radiant. I feel the loose powder foundation would work best if you have minimal flaws or if you're going for the 'barely there make up' look. As for me I would use it as a setting powder on top of either a cream or liquid foundation.


It is non-comedogenic and suitable for sensitive skin. It retails at RM79 for 5grams/0.17oz and comes in 6 shades in Malaysia. The EVM Foundation Brush retails at RM75. Find out more about The Body Shop's Extra Virgin Minerals range here.

*Note: Product courtesy of The Body Shop Malaysia.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hello. What is the number of your powder?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<