Latest Posts

L'Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil - Rich Oil Review

By 00:34 , ,

L'Oreal Professionnel relased a collection of hair oils late last year and it's finally here. Inspired by tales of the journey through The Silk Road, L'Oreal Professionnels used the finest oils and came up with customised blends for various hair types. The collection includes four different types of Mythic Oil - Oil for intense nutrition, Milk for thicker hair texture, Rich Oil for control of rebellious hair and Colour Glow Oil for radiant colour. Each one has it's own gorgeous scent.


 
I was asked to review three out of the four and although my hair falls under three of the categories, thick and coloured with a mind of its own I thought it was better for me to get a guest reviewer on board. I will be reviewing the Milk and Rich Oil variants and I got Traclyn to review the Colour Glow Oil. I will post her link here as soon as it's up on her blog.

Mythic Oil Rich Oil is specifically for taming rebellious tresses. No brainer why this was my first choice to try out. Frizz alert! On a bad day there's that possibility of me leaving the house looking like a King of the Jungle and I don't mean Alex the Lion because wow his mane looks really well groomed compared to mine. Mine is more wild, mind of it's own kind of wild *here me roarr*. What makes it worse is that I am a heat styling tool junkie which means my hair is always in need of oils.



 
Rich Oil consists of two main ingredients which offers the richest nourishment to hair. Rice Bran Oil intensely moisturises and replenishes thanks to the vitamin E content that helps with dry, damaged hair. It can seal dry ends and prevent hair loss from breakage thereby restoing sleekness. The carbohydrate component keeps hair follicles healthy and it also acts as sunscreen for your hair.

Then there's Argan Oil. The oil that doesn't need any introduction because it has been used for centuries when it comes to beauty and sorts. Dubbed 'liquid gold' by beauty experts it is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, argan oil intensely hydrates, nourishes, repairs damaged hair and enhances hair's elasticity. It also adds and restore lustre and shine to hair. From what I've heard it does wonders for dry, uncontrollable and unmanageable hair.


 
The outer box packaging is decorated with an intricate morrocan symbol against a white background which is so eye catching. If only I could collect these boxes. *sigh* The oil is housed in a gold tinted plastic bottle which does look like it's carrying liquid gold. It has a warm amber scent which is amazingly calming. The pump dispenser is easy to control if you only need half a pump.



 
The texture is thick, it is oil after oil but it absorbs really quickly. Either that or my hair must have been craving for hydration. I used 1 pump on towel dried hair and just leave it in. I noticed my hair dries a lot faster after application. I used another 1 pump after a quick blow dry to lock in the moisture. I did another round of blow dry with a round brush and applied 1 more pump to seal the ends and it also makes the hair looks shiny. My hair feels really soft as well. I like applying it in between washes, especially at the ends to continuously hydrate and keep that beautiful sleek and healthy look. This seems to work for me, it really smoothens out the frizzies. Plus it's lightweight so it doesn't weigh down my hair.

As you can see from the first photo, after a quick blow dry it still looks a mess. The after photos are a few hours after the second round of blow dry with a round brush and the last application of Rich Oil to finish off the look. My blow drying skills still need a lot of work though. I was rushing out the door so I couldn't take a photo right after. Looks smooth and shiny doesn't it!



Here's a video I found on how to apply Mythic Oils by L'Oreal Professionnel UK.


 
L'Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil - Rich Oil retails at RM75 for 125ml and is available at L'oreal salons.

*Note: Product provided by L'Oreal Professionnel Malaysia.

Next: More hair stuff, this time the Milk Mist. See how it fairs on my wild mane.




You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I have just discovered your blog. Your blog is adorable, and interesting. I'm enjoy read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there :) Thanks so much. Hope you'll visit often because there's loads more exciting stuff to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for this review! I have just written a blog post about hair oil asking for advice! xxx

    http://ileftmyheartinmiami.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. On dry hair, it works excellent as a detangle, smoothened and imparts good shine. My hair look moisturized and my waves look so defined which I am so so thankful to the mythic oil for. A major plus of mythic oil is that it does not weigh my hair down even when I use it continuously for three days straight.
    mythic oil loreal

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quest for the ideal potion to develop lustrous locks never ends in a world where haircare is of the utmost importance. Pakistan has embraced Mythic Oils charm due to its rich cultural heritage and various beauty traditions. This article goes into the alluring realm of mythic oil in Pakistan, examining its history, advantages, and how it became a well-liked mainstay in many people beauty regimens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am using this pil and it really amazing ut has magical efects on my hair and easy to detangle my curly hairs amazon shopping in pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<