Latest Posts

Review: Lancôme Génifique Youth Activator

By 14:49 , ,

Lancome Genifique Youth Activator was launched in 2009 after 10 years of research. Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate is suppose to boost the gene's activity so that the skin not only look younger but also feels younger. The 2 biotech active ingredients are Bio-Lysat which stimulates gene's expression of the identified youth protein and Phytosphingosine which re-establishes protein synthesis and promotes the development of higher quality ie more beautiful skin. In other words it is intended to deliver significantly improved tone, texture, luminosity and elasticity inside four weeks by boosting exactly the proteins the user needs at any age and is also suitable for all skin types.




Who wouldn't want to try a product that promises younger looking skin. I sure would. When I was asked to try out Lancome Genifique I was thrilled. The only advice Lancome beauty therapist gave me was to use Genifique once a day at night on alternate days. It isn't exactly how it's normally used but due to my oily skin it was the best way to use it just in case it might put my sebum production into overdrive and/or cause breakouts. It is a booster after all. Which would mean it would take slightly longer for me too see results.


Genifique is housed in a black-grey ombre luxe glass bottle. The amount you need is easily estimated with the dropper dispenser. The opaque liquid is light in texture and easily absorbs into the skin. Definitely non-sticky. All you need is 2 drops after cleansing and toner before applying any other serums or moisturiser.




The first week I used it as adviced by Lancome's beauty therapist. After which I decided to experiment as I was eager for results. For two days running I used it morning and night. When I woke up the next morning I noticed a few suspicious bumps on my cheek and nose. My skin also felt a tad oilier than usual. Oops! I should have listened to the therapist *smacks self*. I stopped using it for two days just to let the bumps calm down and continued using Genifique as adviced. Which turned to be a lot more suitable for my skin. So it has been 3 weeks, with the break in between, which would mean I have been using it for a full week had I been able to use it as it should normally be used. No breakouts! Woohoo!!

Within the first few applications, I noticed that my hydrating serum absorbs a lot better and my skin appears better hydrated and the peeling bits on my nose which I tend to get were also gone. After 3 weeks (equivalent of a full 1 week) my skin feels smoother, softer and also a tad firmer. I am aging, no suprise there. My skin isn't exactly as bouncey as it used to be when I was in school but since using Genifique I feel it appears younger. My laugh lines  seem to appear less prominent. So does that line I had on my forehead. You might be able to see in the second before-after photos. I should go for another skin analysis to see if I'm right *hmm..*. I don't think the photos below fully captures the results but you really do have to try it for yourself. I really didn't know what to expect when I started using Genifique. Hence why he photos aren't very specific. Sorry about that guys. I'm going to continue with this product as I am curious to see how my skin will look and feel by the time the bottle finishes. So far Genifique shows real promise on my skin! (*Note: In photos below, I have on mascara and lippie. Skin is bare.)




If you have oily or combination skin and want to start using Lancome Genifique Youth Activator don't hesitate to consult Lancome's Beauty Advisor to determine frequency of use which is best suited to you. We wouldn't want any breakouts now do we. :)

Lancome Genifique Youth Activator retails at RM295 for 30ml.

*Note: Product provided by Lancome Malaysia.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<