Latest Posts

Review: The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso BB Cream

By 23:59 , ,

The BB Cream, what can I say? I never made it onto the band wagon with this one. I just waved to it as it passed by. *laughs* I have always had issues with the shades. So lets see how The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso BB Cream "fairs" on me. :P

It is a multi-action make-up base specially developed for Asian skin, which aims to conceal blemishes and fine lines with natural finish. It also corrects and evens out skin tone as well as soothes dryness thereby giving the skin a brighter complexion and improving the skin texture. This BB Cream contains SPF 25 PA+++ to protect your skin.



Key ingredients:

Shiso Extract - The main ingredient used in the entire Moisture White range. It reduces early melanin-making signals even before the hyperpimentation process and melanin production starts - helping prevent uneven skin tone, brown spots and freckles. It also helps to minimise dark spots formation and discolouration.

Vitamin C - Provides antioxidant protection helping to reduce melanin production.

Liquorice - Works to limit the effect of melanin synthesis and helps to reduce the variances in skin tone.

The Moisture White Shiso BB Cream comes in a slim white squeeze tube which makes it easy to bring it around in your makeup bag. The texture is surprisingly light much unlike a few other BB Creams I've previously tried but not as light as my current liquid foundation, Lancome Maqui Miracle. As always I'm apprehensive when it comes to the shades and this one only comes in 1 shade. Swatching it on my hand I notice the obvious difference in colour compared to my skin tone but after blending it out it didn't seem as harsh but it still has a pink tint to it.





Trying it out on my face had a similar effect but the colour difference was a lot more obvious as my face is darker then my hand. Strange I know. I applied a very thin layer as I possibly could. The result my complexion appeared pinkish grey. It does give some brightness but the bit where it was a completely different colour from my neck was a bit disturbing. I checked 30 mins later after application and noticed that the colour had soften and not as harsh as when I first applied it. Still appeared a tad mask-like though. It does seem to colour correct itself but perhaps on my medium skin tone it may have been too much of a task.




One thing about this BB Cream though I expected to me overpoweringly moisturising and melting off my face within the first half hour or so just like previous ones I've tried but this one held out for nearly two hours before my oils oozed out uncontrollably, not the fault of the BB cream by the way. My oils have issues. Pretty impressed!

I think BB Cream fans might want to have a look at The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso BB Cream. You'll never know, the light texture, colour correct feature and the benefits, you might just find yourself hooked on it if you aren't already.

This retails for RM70 for a 30ml tube and is already available at all Body Shop outlets. You can definitely try it out first at the outlet if you're not too sure or you can just purchase it online here. Follow The Body Malaysia on facebook.

Note: Product courtesy of The Body Shop Malaysia.

Next write up: Spritz yourself with something warm and relaxing.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<