Latest Posts

My Valentines with The Body Shop - One Billion Rising

By 13:10 ,

This post is a tad late since Valentines was over a week ago but it was an exciting one to be apart of something that could possibly make a difference. The Body Shop Malaysia had the One Billion Rising Movement flash mob in all their stores on 14th February and that was only the beginning.



ONE IN THREE WOMEN ON THE PLANET WILL BE RAPED OR BEATEN IN HER LIFETIME
ONE BILLION WOMEN VIOLATED IS AN ATROCITY
ONE BILLION WOMEN DANCING IS A REVOLUTION


I was at the Fahrenheit store and although I was dying to dance, I was without photographer so I took photos and the video. *sigh* Various NGO's were present to lend their support with The Body Shop management team, staff, The Body Shop fans all took part in the flash mob.





If you guys haven't heard of it, well One Billion Rising Movement is a global dance movement to stop violence against women. Gender violence should not be tolerated, hence the flash mob was organised to empower women to speak up and stand up against gender violence. This is a global movement!

I hear there might be a One Billion Rising Movement flash mob on a larger scale on International Women's Day, 8th March, which would be awesome but it's yet to be confirmed I will let you guys know as soon as I hear something. In the mean time, stay updated with the One Billion Rising Movement at www.facebook.com/thebodyshopmalaysia. For a better understanding also visit http://onebillionrising.org/.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<