Latest Posts

Review: Guerlain Abeille Royale Youth Serum - Honey Inside!

By 17:46 ,

If the name doesn't give it away to non-native French speakers, then the packaging and bottle would have. Abeille Royale, literal translation being "Royal Bee" which would mean the main component of Guerlain Abeille Royale range is honey and royal jelly derived from honey bees. Royal jelly is considered a super supplement that can boost the immune system, fight ageing and lower cholesterol. This particular range which was introduced in 2010, targets wrinkles and skin firming.


Guerlain Abeille Royale range is developed with an exclusive blend of honeys and royal jelly. Guerlain Abeille Royal Youth Serum - Firming  Lift Wrinkle Correction to help repair wrinkles and tissue firmness. It helps stimulates the healing process of the skin's micro-tears which is responsible for wrinkles and loss of firmness because as the skin ages, it no longer heals from within. Hence it plumps up the indented lines and repair the damaged skin.




I was provided with three products from the Guerlain Abeille Royale range to try out *awesome!*, which would have a better and faster outcome than just trying the Guerlain Abeille Royale Youth Serum on its own. I used the three products for a whole two weeks as directed - Guerlain Abeille Royale Preparing Toner, Guerlain Abeille Royale Youth Serum - Firming Lift Wrinkle Correction and Guerlain Abeille Royale Day Cream for Normal to Combination Skin.

You can't ignore the fact that the packaging looks beautifully luxurious, honeycomb shaped and adorned with an embossed bee on each bottle and jar. Luxe skincare presented at its best.


Guerlain Abeille Royale Perparing Toner prepares the skin for optimimum absorbtion of Abeille Royale Youth Serum and Day or Night Cream. The texture is light but slightly creamy. Upon application my skin feels comfortable and smooth with no hint of tightness. It can either be applied with a cotton pad or pat onto the skin with fingers. I use about 1 and half pumps for face and neck.



I then applied Guerlain Abeille Royale Youth Serum Firming Lift Wrinkle Correction which contains Pure Royal Concentrate (from bees) that stimulates the healing process. According to Guerlain, the Youth Serum will make your skin feel soft from the first application. I suppose they weren't kidding. My skin felt notably soft the first time I used it and much softer with continuous application. If I had fur I'd be called fluffy. Lol!! Through out the two weeks of twice daily use, I felt my skin more supple without any side effect of break outs and such. However I couldn't see visible results with fine lines. Perhaps two weeks is not a sufficient period of time for my skin to show results. Bare in mind different people get different results with skincare. The texture is milky but not rich. It absorbs into the skin with ease without any stickiness.  I used 2 pumps which is easily measured via the drop dispenser. The drop dispenser needs a little getting use to though, there are times I need to pump a few times before getting the serum out. There is a 4-step method of applying the Abeille Royale Youth Serum starting from the middle of the face outwards to the side. Find step-by-step method here.





The Outcome
Just to let you guys know, I was having breakout episodes before starting on Guerlain Abeille Royale range and it took a while to calm down. It had nothing to do with trying out Guerlain Abeille Royale range. I blame it on stress and lack of sleep!



After the Abeille Royale Youth Serum has fully absorbed, I applied the Abeille Royale Day Cream for Normal to Combination skin. Yeah I know, it's not specifically for oily skin. So I expected the texture to be on the thick, rich side. I scooped out a tiny amount just enough to cover my whole face and tiny bit more for my neck. Although the description states that it gives an ultra-matt finish the whole day, the day cream didn't fully absorb due to the rich texture. Hence the finish is dewy. My skin felt oilier than usual through out the day which isn't a good thing. There is also a specific method of applying the day cream for either a Firming Action or a Soothing Action. Either way you apply the cream using both hands starting in the centre and moving outwards. The specific methods can be found here.





Another thing that the Abeille Royale range have in common is the fragrance. Yes, it has a scent. It's like a creamy floral scent with a hint of honey. It's a Guerlain thing that the skincare product always has a scent. Scented skincare may not work for everyone. It took me a few applications to get use to the scent as I usually prefer my skincare non-scented. Even then, I'm still not sure I got use to it. I get headaches from strong scents. So if you do decide to give Guerlain Abeille Royale a go, try out the testers first.

Although I really liked how soft and supple my skin felt after two weeks of using the Guerlain Abeille Royale range, telling you guys to go out and buy it right now may not have the desired effect as the Guerlain Abeille Royale Youth Serum retails at RM448 (30ml). Luxury does come with a price, but by all means splurge if it's within your price range. :)

*Note: Products provided by Guerlain Malaysia.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<