Latest Posts

Butter + Beans at Seventeen

By 22:39 ,

Why is this place so far?! I can't believe it took me so long to get to Butter + Beans at Seventeen. Technically I didn't, it's Nani who did. She's also the one who told me about this really nice place to have coffee and cakes. Now I completely love it!

Situated at some unexpected place in PJ, I would most probably get lost trying to get there on my own. It's this cozy place tucked between those old shop lots. The interior is this industrial style design, unfinished but just enough to turn into a coffee place. Only thing it's super narrow and only has a small table inside with a cement top counter by the window with two more tables outside. Yes, it's tiny. But a really nice place to just chill out.



painted by ernest zacharevic.. yeah the same guy that did the george town murals

For a small place, it has a pretty decent selection of cakes and pastries. With my round the clock choco-radar guess what I spotted first.. Valrhona Chocolate Croissant! Nani suggested the Cherry Butter Cake with Flower Essence. Since I'm not exactly a coffee person, it's always a mocha for me on non-hot chocolate days. Butter + Beans uses Coffex coffee from Australia. No complaints, that was a good mocha. The Valrhona Chocolate Croissant though had too little chocolate in it. Then again, at RM5 I suppose it couldn't have been a generous chunk. The Cherry Butter was wonderfully dense and buttery. Didn't taste the flower essence though.





More to try, so definitely going back. Nani, expect more Sunday brunch calls.. ;)

Butter + Beans at Seventeen
G-1a, Happy Mansion, Jalan 17/13,
Seksyen 17, 46400 Petaling Jaya,
Malaysia.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. wow.. look like nice place. look at the wall, love it ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have new stools and friendlier baristas yesterday. This royal arse has graced the new stools as an opening ceremony... LOL. Oh and btw, dont go in the evening... barely anything left! I had to practically beg for a slice of flower essence + fruit cake. They brought it out esp for me despite the late hour... nice, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<