Latest Posts

Review: Omnilux - LED Therapy! Great Complexion Made Easy!

By 03:37 , ,

Save for my photo I posted on instagram a few weeks back on being 'Star Trek-ed', I've been really quiet about this until now. Well the review has to be up so I have to spill the beans. I've received a lot of compliments on how great my complexion looks lately and also a lot of question on what products I've been using to make it look that way. It's not exactly products, it's this LED Therapy that I've been doing.


When I was first told about it I was like Omni-what? Omnilux is a Light Emitting Diode (LED) machine. What it does is that it uses light modulation technology that promotes tissues and cell healing.

Omilux LED Therapy has 3 different types of lamps - Omnilux Blue, Omnilux Revive and Omnilux Plus. Omnilux Blue is for acne prone skin, whereby it acts by killing P. acnes bacterias responsible for acne. Omnilux Revive is for skin rejuvenation and has been found to boost collagen and elastin production. Omnilux Plus is targeted at deep tissue rebuilding and healing.



The advantages of Omilux therapy:

  • Stimulates the bodies own cellular mechanisms by photomodulation
  • Not a laser or IPL so no heat, no side effects or downtime
  • Non-invasive, non-ablative, safe therapy
  • No damage to sun-dermal tissue
  • Relaxing and calming experience
  • Compatible with existing skin rejuvenation techniques such as Botox, IPLs, laser resurfacing and cosmetic surgery such as blepharoplasty and breast reduction and augmentation
  • Allows treatment of large areas such as face, chest and back


My first session was curious and exciting. I had Dr. Maryati of Faceworks Clinic explain to me what the Omilux does and how it works just as good or even better than laser or needle treatments especially if you don't like pain and also depending on your skin concerns. I don't mind the pain but needles I'm still sceptical about. After assessing my skin concerns Dr.Maryati suggested I do the Omnilux Revive Light treatment. Despite having acne prone skin, I don't currently have much active acne. 

I opt to start the treatment on the spot as it didn't make sense to postpone what might be a really good outcome. *fingers crossed* Dr. Maryati started me off with a Clear & Bright facial to get rid of my dead skin cell build up. There are two parts to the facial, first was a mild chemical peel called Dermaceutic Milkpeel which is left on the skin for about 3 minutes. It does tend to get slightly itchy but I didn't find it uncomfortable. Then an SRS Intensive White-C serum which includes Vitamin C and Arbutin (which has a lightening effect) was applied onto my skin with an Iontophoresis machine, which emits low level electric current. This is to encourage elastin production with low level electricity stimulation. Ok so it does sound a tad bit scary but it's actually to ensure better penetration of the Vitamin C serum into the skin. I felt a faint tinggling sensation which is normal. My complexion appeared much brighter after the facial, dead skin build was gone and some of my dark acne scars were slightly lighter. Pleasant surprise, my dark circles also appeared much lighter, it looked like I caught up on lost sleep within minutes!



Then I was ready for the Omilux or as I refer to it as "being Star Trek-ed". The Omnilux looked like it came out of a sci-fi movie especially when it's in use. My eyes were properly covered as the light was going to be super bright and the Omnilux machine was placed just inches away from my face. A few minutes later, "Oh my god! The light!!". The red light was crazy bright and I was surprised my eyes took about 2-3 minutes to adjust to the brightness. After that I found it so calming and dozed off through out the session. 17 minutes power nap! Who knew shining bright red light in your eyes would have such an effect. The Omnilux in use looks really cool in photos by the way! Thanks loads Nani who helped me with some of the photos. :)






So do you see results right after? Well, after I got my hands on a mirror, I noticed that the skin has this strange shiny taut effect. Lasts all bout a few minutes until the complexion appears normal again. I noticed that my complexion appeared slightly clearer and my pores slightly smaller. The bests results however can only be seen about 2 days later. I was like.. really? Typical sceptic. But you know what 2 days later I found my skin more toned and plump, the texture softer and complexion clearer. I was impressed!! 5 more sessions and I couldn't wait!



You know how I mentioned earlier, that there is no downtime after the Omnilux. Yeah there really isn't. All you need to do is apply sunblock and perhaps some mineral powder, both of which you can get at the clinic and you're good to go. You can go straight back to office after an extended lunch or off to a date and no one would ever know what you were up to! The coolest ever!!

My following sessions had about 4 days gap in between except for the last one which was about a week because I was a bit tied up with running around going bonkers. This was to ensure that I get the best results out of the Omnilux LED Therapy.

Session 2
SRS Intensive White-C serum with Iontophoresis machine + Omnilux Revive Light



Session 3
SRS Intensive White-C serum with Iontophoresis machine + Omnilux Revive Light
After this session, I started getting compliments on how fresh my complexion looked. I also realised that I was using less concealer too. Yayy!!



Session 4
SRS Intensive White-C serum with Iontophoresis machine + Omnilux Revive Light



Session 5
By this time I noticed was looking a tad too "white" from the Vitamin C and arbutin combination and my face was already the shade I wanted it to be ie the same shade as my neck!! Yeah I'm on of those strange ones whose face is darker than the neck. How, don't ask. Anyways, after the fourth session, I noticed that it was slightly fairer which wasn't a huge thing because with our sun, it'll tan in no time. So Dr. Maryati switched the serum to SRS Ascorbic Solution which is an antiwrinkle solution with vitamin C with Iontophoresis machine. Plus the Omnilux Revive light. After this session I noticed those fine lines appear slight smoother. My complexion was a different story altogether. It looked great!



Session 6 - The Final One!
Dermclar Anti-Wrinkle Liposome with Ionto machine + Omnilux Revive Light
That's some powerful stuff right there! After this final session not only was my complexion looking rejuvenated, I noticed those fine lines around my eyes were hardly there anymore. My laugh lines also appeared much softer. Beyond impressed! It looked even better 2 days later! I was actually asked if I had done something to my face. How awesome is that? :P



After 6 sessions, I dare say my complexion looked very fresh, rejuvenated and young! There I said it.. young! LOL!! My skin tone is a lot more even, my pores are looking tighter and my skin more firm, I swear the skins' "toing" is back. Here's the best part, it looks good even without makeup. I also noticed that I'm using less base makeup than before, it wasn't even much before I started the sessions so imagine that. And yes I've been getting compliments galore on my complexion. *crazy smile*

The Outcome
The photos on 1/5/13 were taken a bit before I started the Omnilux - LED Therapy and the photos on 20/7/13 were taken a few weeks after, just to show you guys that the results really lasts. I was wearing no makeup in any of the photos except for some lippy and filled in my brows. Yes, they're all bare-faced! Slight difference in colour is due to the lighting when I was taking the photos. Feel free to click on the photos for larger view to compare. No photoshop-ing by the way, if that's what you're thinking because obviously my deeper acne scars are still there.




Bare faced!! Check out the improved skin texture! Woohoo!!

The question now - How Long Does The Effect Last?
Not forever! Lol! Nothing lasts forever, so please don't expect miracle. But for me the results are still there and the final session was about 3 weeks ago. It should last a good few weeks. But the this looking young thing is so addictive that you would want to do monthly sessions. I highly recommend the Omnilux LED Therapy because the results are amazing without needles, lasers and downtime.

The price range for an Omnilux LED Therapy session varies between RM300-RM500. Faceworks Clinic usually have good promotions going on. So if you guys are interested in trying out the Ominilux LED Therapy or other exciting treatments and trust me when I say, they have the most coolest things there, I've walked out of the clinic with 'suspended cheeks' one time which lasted me a month and there was no needles involved, that's how cool it is, check out faceworks-clinic.com or follow them on Faceworks Clinic Facebook.




Thanks loads Dr. Maryati and Faceworks Clinic for this fantastic experience and I'll be back to try out more treatments! :)

Faceworks Clinic
S16 Pamper Floor, Starhill Gallery
181 Jalan Bukit Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia
Contact: +60 3-2144 0080
Hours: Mon-Sun 10am-930pm

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. You really looks different dear, I should try Omnilux next =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. looks like some ET treatment machine.. XD and have to say ur skin does look younger on the photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you look more youthful and the price is affordable as well! Continue the treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. skin Plus is also said that in cosmetic surgeons gurgaon experts specially are quite popular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always looking for new, easy-to-use skincare products, so I love your article on a product called Omnilux. It's one of the few products I've tried in a long time that actually gives me the results I was looking for!iTAN Advanced Tanning Studios

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<