Latest Posts

The Little Black Bottle Exhibition By Lancôme

By 13:22 , ,


20 artists, one Little Black Bottle and an art exhibition that left me fascinated. I attended the Lancôme Little Black Bottle Exhibition a little while back and it was to celebrate and introduce the new Lancôme Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate. Maison Lancôme collaborated with 20 artists from around the world to see how they would perceive or describe the iconic black bottle. The illustrations they came up with were both beautiful and intriguing.


It was an evening of mingling, appreciating and also trying out something new from Lancôme, the Advanced Genifique Yeux Eye Cream coming out in May. Although I didn't get to try it out at the event itself due to some bruising around my left eye, yes there is a story behind it which will be revealed soon enough, I tried it out after. Of course you will have to hang on for a little bit for my thoughts on it. Teasing, I know.


Here are some photos of the illustrations. I'm no expert on all things art but I do know what I like. I can't say it was a difficult choice for me when I had to choose one piece out of the 20. I've actually seen some of them before when I attended the Advanced Genifique media launch last year (read here). Still the same one caught my eye, it's by Carmen Garcia Huerta from Spain. It's of the Little Black Bottle surrounded by roses. I'm by no means 'girly' nor do I go crazy over flowers but this one reminded of a Guns N Roses album cover minus some skeletons among other bits.

this one was a favourite of Zamri Zainol, Lancome National Makeup Artist
it was the strong presence of makeup on the girl that attracted him to it. i can't say i'm surprised ;)


The piece that was most favoured by the media in attendance however was one which exuded a French air. It's a group of women looking chic little black dresses standing next to the Little Black Bottle. Either the bottle was life size or the women pint size I can't really say. Lol Oddly enough it's by a Russian artist. I could have sworn it was by a French one.


If you are yet to discover the Lancôme Advanced Genifique, shame on you. Although it may not suit everyone but if it works for you, I'm pretty sure you'll get hooked. The previous Genifique worked really well for me (review here) and I could see a difference with Advanced Genifique in just 7 days. I also did a review on the Super Serums - Lancôme Genifique and Lancôme Vissionaire which you can read more about here.

Do also keep an eye out the upcoming release of the reformulated eye cream, Lancôme Advanced Genifique Yeux Eye Cream in May 2014. Hoping my review will be up by then.

Lancôme Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate is available at all Lancôme counters and retails at, 30ml - RM275, 50ml - RM360 and 75ml - RM485.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<