Latest Posts

Review: Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick in Matte Plum

By 03:31 , ,

I don't usually talk about matte lipsticks simply because I prefer something hydrating as my lips can get quite dry. Hence the tons of lip balms I always have around. But the all new Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick have such gorgeous colours that I didn't hesitate to give it a go when one arrived for me.



The Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick range was three years in development. It combines colour intensity, longer weartime and comfortable hydration. It's made from a beeswax base targeted at hydration and silica beads, yes those silica beads, to keep the colour looking fresh on your lips.

The shade I have is Matte Plum and it's a medium-tone plum which is extreme versatile for either day or night. It's a beautiful shade! It glides on really easily and gives you a pop of colour with just one swipe, two swipes and you have full on colour. Even with two swipes it doesn't feel heavy. It goes on dewy but sets to a matte finish with a slight sheen which explains "soft matte". Not your usual dry matte, which I don't mind because it doesn't emphasise my sometimes dry lips. It feels quite moisturising and comfortable to wear. Although I  find that it does start to feel a tad dry after about an 1 hour and half on me, dry lips syndrome, it can't be helped. It wears really well, lasting between 4-5 hours with minimal transfer. So you don't get that blob of colour on cups/glasses. When it fades, it does so evenly leaving a stained effect.


I paired it with neutral eyes and a light wash of colour on my cheeks so that my lips stand out

Despite my dryness issue, Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick is really nice to use and is available in 8 beautiful shades - Matte Crimson, Matte Mandarin, Matte Petal, Matte Peony, Matte Magenta, Matte Suede, Matte Beauty as well as Matte Plum. My other pick would be Matte Mandarin. Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick retails at RM70, such an affordable treat and is an online exclusive at www.clinique.com.my.

*Product courtesy of Clinique Malaysia.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I agree with you Fatin, this lipstick comes with a very nice colour payoff and it is not drying at all. I love it when it does not stain my cup like normal lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<