Latest Posts

2014 Favourites - Makeup, Skincare & Fragrance

By 18:30 , , , , , , , , , ,


Here's something new I decided to do, a favourites post. While compiling products for this post, I realised that 2014 has been more of a skincare year for me. Not that I mind especially since I found a bunch of products that has done wonders for my skin. There have also been colours that I have fallen for, some good tools and fragrances that I have been reaching for more than others. I have reviewed most of the products listed here but there are some that I seem to have missed.


Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup (True Beige) - I was so excited when I got swatched for this! The first time ever Clinique has done a shade that's a proper yellow base and is almost a perfect match to my skin tone. The fact that it treats acne while it covers is a plus point for me. Well done for catering for a wider skin tone range Clinique! Review here.

Bobbi Brown CC Cream SPF 35 PA+++ - I never stop looking for a good base especially since it's essential to keep my makeup in place but finding one that suits me is such a challenge. For the longest time, I was using a particular one and I still think it's good but this year I was trying not to look so 'matte' despite the oiliness and I started using the Bobbi Brown CC Cream as a base and it's amazing. It gives my skin a clear and slightly tinted base for me to work with and it just keeps everything in place, giving the complexion an ever so slightly healthy dewy finish. Review here.

Kiehl's Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate - When I read on the label for "Age-related dehydration", I thought yes I need that. I wasn't sure what the results would be like as it is meant to hydrate the skin from the inside but I saw a difference within a week and I have not stopped using it ever since. My complexion looks less tired and clearer. It really helps soften the appearance of drying up acne scars, so I don't get the unsightly dry outlines underneath a concealer. Review here.

SK-II Stempower Essence - I never reviewed this one although I really liked it and actually finished the bottle. It's meant to reduce the appearance of pores and improve firmness. This worked for me with firmness. I noticed my skin felt plump with a side of "boing" to it

Origins Plantscription Anti-aging Power Serum - I started using this one towards the end of the year, it's to improve skin density and yes I saw a difference especially with my laugh lines. They appeared a lot softer after 4 weeks and gave my face a subtle lift. I continued with this serum because I just love the way it made me look more awake. Review here.

Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush - I know I started using this later in the year but it has been doing all kinds of good for my skin. Oily skin is such a pain to cleanse and even when you think it's clean it's still clogged. Since I started using the Clinique Cleansing Brush my skin is less clogged and I have a spa-like cleanse to look forward to. Review here.


Shupette Shu Uemura x Karl Lagerfeld - I could just be bias with the whole cat thing but seriously the entire collection is just so pretty. The Shupette Eye & Lip Palette is a beautiful mix of colours that you can play around with. Since I have much too much natural earthy tones and I believe that I can never have enough of similar shades, this palette was a really nice change. Fact that it comes in a fluffy Shupette pouch with blue jeweled eyes just sold it for me. Review here.

Bobbi Brown Blush in Rose - Bobbi Brown doesn't usually have new blush shades but they released eight gorgeous shades for Fall this year. I tried them all but fell for Rose because it's such a beautiful shade on me. Rose is pigmented so I can play it up or down depending on the look I'm going for. It's perfect for that flushed look as well. Review here.

Hourglass Ambient Light Blush - I know I'm so late with this blush but I finally got my hands on Radiant Magenta. Nothing much to say about this that hasn't already been said, it's so pretty. Despite not being sure about the shade when I first got it, it grew on me. All into the lit from within look now. Review here.

Zoeva Eye Shadow Brushes - When I decided to make it a point to wear more eye shadow this year, I also expanded my eye makeup brush collection. I found these ones from Zoeva and I have been using them regularly. Amazing quality for the price. Pretty sure my collection will be expanding more next year.


Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm- Not much happening on the lip colour front for me this year. There were some that I liked but since my lips have been a bit wierd through out the year I found myself reaching for lip balms or tinted lip balms more than colours. I decided to give this one a go in November and it has helped so much! Perhaps more colours next year. Review here.

Nails - Regardless of season, I have been liking brown/nude shades on my nails this year. Guerlain Tonka Imperiale a medium warm brown is so easy to work into any look while Bobbi Brown Bittersweet a darker brown is great for an edgy neutral.

Fragrance - This must be the year for fragrances. I have tried so many this year, it's crazy. It's was difficult to choose but I picked the ones that I have gone through pretty quickly and ended up with See By Chloe EDP and Gucci Guilty Intense EDP. One for day and the other for night, not really, I just spritz on the one I feel like wearing. See By Chloe is a more softer scent and Gucci Guilty Intense is for days when I feel a little bit wild. I did a whole series on See By Chloe, you can find out more about it here.

There it is, my makeup, skincare and fragrance favourites for 2014. The next one will be on Hair Care and Body Care. You don't want to miss that one, it's all about volume, clean scalp, scrubbing and stuff, so stay tuned.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<