Latest Posts

Review: La Mer The Illuminating Eye Gel

By 02:51 , , ,

Eye gels or creams are something I always look forward to trying because all this lack of sleep is not helping my eyes at all. I'm never expecting wonders but a product that will make my eyes looks less tired. This time I've taken the latest release from La Mer for a month long trial.



La Mer Illuminating Eye Gel is infused with La Mer's signature Miracle Broth and light-bending sea pearls that brighten the eyes on contact and works to strengthen and protect for the future. It also helps fight against the early signs of aging, making eyes look youthful, energised and awakened - "Newyly bright".

While the Miracle helps to hydrate the delicate eye area, it also soothes while jump starting skin's natural renewal process for a revitalised appearance. A sea-source brightening blend developed exclusively for the eye area combats dullness to promote a clear and even, luminous new look. Anti-irritants help calm and soothe. Mineralised algae helps smooth and refine as it plumps for a more resilient surface. Antioxidants help protect against the aging effects of the environment fatigue and stress.

Housed in a slim cylinder with a pump dispenser, La Mer The Illuminating Eye Gel has a slightly rich gel texture which sinks into the skin so well. Major points for the pump dispenser, prefer it over tubs any day and I didn't have a problem with it dispensing too much product either. With application, there is a specially-designed acupressure technique that helps awaken the eyes and helps maximise the effects of the eye gel. I tried doing the massage thing as much as I can but to be honest I have resorted to the warm up and tap method in the mornings. You can check out the acupressure technique here.



The Illuminating Eye Gel instantly brightens the eye area upon application, making it look a little less tired. If your dark circle problems isn't all too bad, you can actually get away with just the eye gel on lazy weekends. I however need a lot more help. It works great under concealer. It helps keep it in place, so I didn't find the concealer going patchy or migrating into the lines too much. It stayed put through out the day.

About a week into using the eye gel, I started noticing my eye area feel really smooth and continued getting softer and smoother over the weeks. So much so that concealer application has been effortless. It wasn't until three weeks on that I noticed my eyes looking less tired. By then end of my one month trial run, my eyes looked more awake an the skin texture around my eye area feels and looks amazing. 


I'm pretty sure the results would be loads better if not for my average of 4 and a half hours sleep a night. Even then, my eyes has been looking really good since I started using the eye gel.

The La Mer Illuminating Eye Gel is a huge splurge but it's worth every cent. It retails at RM520 (15ml) and is available at La Mer counters.

*Product courtesy of La Mer Malaysia.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<