Latest Posts

Lancome Blanc Expert Cushion Compact High Coverage and Cushion Blush Subtil

By 03:05 , , ,

This year LancĂ´me has reformulated their Cushion Compact and has come up with a Cushion Blush to compliment it. It is enriched with a cocktail of ultra-targeted skin care ingredients to reach the ideal Lively Rosy Bright skin : a corn extract known for its anti-pollution properties, extracts of rose, mint and gentian for their anti-inflammatory properties, a combination of vitamin CG and a derivative of resorcinol to combat excessive production of melanin, a moisturising agent. It's also equipped with SPF 50 + / PA +++ protection.


The Blanc Expert Cushion Compact High Coverage is different from the first one they came out with last year (review here). It features a new technology developed for  LancĂ´me: the Cushion Polar™ technology, designed to adapt to a thicker, creamier texture and therefore more coverage. Its secret:
- The Mesh: covering the sponge and activated as first use, it filters the formula to ensure a fine and uniform application while retaining its freshness. It dispenses just the right amount to ensure to don't end up with too much product.
- The Sponge: made from intertwined fibres which offers more space to the formula thanks to larger cavities. The stiffness allows for optimal application.


The formulation of the Blanc Expert Cushion Compact High Coverage uses a JEL-LIQUID technology, different from the first one they came out with last year. It's richer in pigment and offers a more opaque finish. Although described as high coverage the texture is light and is easily buildable to achieve a proper medium coverage compared to the earlier one which was light, creamy and could only give a light coverage. The finish for the High Coverage Cushion Foundation is somewhere in between lightly dewy and soft matte. It doesn't appear too shiny or overly dewy.


I find that the High Coverage Cushion Foundation sets fairly quick so you have to blend it out fast. I prefer to use a brush when applying as I find that it's much easier to adjust to my desired coverage. The sponge applicator I use for touch ups. The mode of application though offers a varied finish. I noticed that it doesn't cling to any dry patches.

Since I wear it with a base, it lasts a good 7 hours without getting patchy. Although it does tend look shiny by then. Shade-wise I was matched to O-04, very similar to the shade I wear for the LancĂ´me Maqui Miracle foundation. It applies a shade fairer but sets pretty well after about an hour or so without appearing mask-like, just brighter.


The LancĂ´me Cushion Blush Subtil is an exciting launch. It sticks to the usual fully soaked cushion dispenser. Formulation is a creamy liquid which is really easy to blend and even easier to build up the intensity. I find using the sponge a tad messy and would rather just use my fingers. The best way to use it though is with a brush. Surprisingly enough this last really well on me with minimal fading after 7 hours. I really like this Cushion Blush it gives me a beautiful natural flushed look. The one I have is Sorbet Grenadine which is a pink-coral shade and looks great on my skin tone.


I was figuring out the best way to wear the Cushion Foundation and Cushion Blush and came across the review Lisa Eldridge did on the LancĂ´me UK youtube channel and decided to go with that. I used the Cushion Foundation, applied the Teint Miracle Concealer (not in photo) to my under eyes because my dark circles were just insane and lightly patted on the Cushion Foundation on top of it, and applied powder on the t-zone. I used the Cushion Blush for that fresh look, filled in my brows lightly, used LancĂ´me GrandiĂ´se mascara to open up my eyes and LancĂ´me Shine Lover on my lips. It's a perfect fuss-free Spring/Summer look.

This is 4 hours after application with blotting.


The Blanc Expert Cushion Compact High Coverage retails at RM188 and is available in 8 shades. While LancĂ´me Cushion Blush Subtil retails at RM145 and is available in 7 shades.

*Products reviewed are courtesy of LancĂ´me Malaysia.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<